February 17, 2021
$155 | 3 weeks
Do you want to meet all of your writing goals in 2021? This is possible, but you must be organized and write down your goals. In this 3-week class, students will learn basic elements of a bullet journal, how to structure your bullet journal, and how to stay on track with your writing goals.
Learning objectives for students
- To learn the basic elements of a bullet journal
- To utilize bullet journaling to meet key writing goals
- To learn layouts that are beneficial to staying on track with writing goals
Through weekly meetings via Zoom, students will share their writing goals, bullet journaling layouts, and how they intend to be more productive in their process.
Weekly Zoom Meeting Schedule
The course’s weekly Zoom meetings will take place on Mondays at 7 PM Eastern time. Meetings will be one hour to 90 minutes in length.
What is bullet journaling? How can it help?
The questions/concepts we will tackle in the first session:
- Getting started with bullet journaling – What equipment will you need to get started?
- What is the philosophy around bullet journaling and why does it work?
- Will share my personal bullet journal and how I’ve become a productive writer since implementing this practice.
- How to set up your bullet journal? a) numbering your pages and creating an index b) Creating logs and c) personal affirmations for your bullet journal.
- Outlining writing broad writing goals for 2021.
How do you structure your bullet journal?
We will take a deeper dive into bullet journaling in the second session:
- How do you use your bullet journaling for writing goals, plans, and tasks?
- How do you set up short-term and long-term projects in your bullet journal?
- How do you effectively use the bullet journal as a permanent resource in your writing practice?
How do you use your bullet journal to meet your writing goals?
We will specifically look at tracking submissions, self-care, and personalizing your bullet journal in the third session:
- How to effectively track submissions, submission notes, and feedback re: submissions and works-in-progress?
- How do you use collections to your advantage?
- Self-care aspect of bullet journaling (exercise/gratitude/eating habits) to enhance your writing productivity.
- Address specific questions regarding bullet journaling.
Why Take a Bullet Journaling Course with Writers.com?
- We welcome writers of all backgrounds and experience levels, and we are here for one reason: to support you on your writing journey.
- Small groups keep our online writing classes lively and intimate.
- Work through your weekly written lectures, course materials, and writing assignments at your own pace.
- Share and discuss your work with classmates in a supportive class environment.
- Award-winning instructor Rudri Patel will offer you direct, personal feedback and suggestions on every assignment you submit.
Learn more about how our courses work here, and contact us with any other questions.
Student Feedback for Instructor Rudri Patel
Rudri Bhatt Patel has been a mentor, coach, and editor for my writing projects for almost ten years. Under the skillful guidance of her expertise, candor, and gentle spirit, I have made great gains in refining and expanding my short stories to publication as well as completing a novel. In addition, as co-members of a critique group for several years, Rudri consistently offered in depth and valuable feedback to me and others on a biweekly basis. Her comprehensive written feedback was always delivered with a sensitivity and respect for each person’s creative expression, while authentically providing insight into strengths and areas that needed development. Trish Dolansinski
I recommend Rudri Bhatt Patel without reservation. She is knowledgeable, articulate and experienced in all things writing and publishing. Her kindness as well as her professionalism and expertise make working with her a delight. Susan Pohlman
Rudri's knowledge and skills related to professional writing have also helped me with my own writing career many times in the past. Julie Vick
Over the past ten years I have had numerous opportunities to interact with Rudri Batt Patel during writing classes, book critiques, and writer networking sessions. She has a profound ability to engage as a learner, presenter, and facilitator. Her own writing skills are exceptional and her variety of published works enable her to assist developing writers in multiple ways. Phyllis Schwartz
Rudri Patel is an organized and seasoned presenter with years of writing and publishing experience. I’ve been lucky enough to have Rudri in my critique circle for over a decade and I’m a stronger writer because of it. Windy Lynn Harris
Rudri has a wonderful way of bringing out the best in her colleagues without criticism - a skill I appreciate as a veteran of the classroom myself. Jenn Morson