Notes for written pieces
What you submit doesn’t have to fulfill all these criteria, but they tend to do well both for readers and in search results.
- At least 800 to 1,000 words is preferable, and longer is better in general.
- Organized into sections and subsections is preferable, as people are not accustomed to reading long book-like paragraph blocks online. I can help with this if you’d like.
- Lists (“Top ten things…”) often do well, so if you’re sending, for example, “poetry writing tips,” think about numbering them.
- Please let me know if you’re comfortable with me adding relevant keywords for Google search. For example, I’d try to find a graceful place to insert “poetry writing tips” and similar phrases a few times in an article on that topic.
Notes for interviews
Here are some thoughts on video interviews:
- We’ll meet on a video program called Zoom. If you’d prefer a sound-only interview (no video), that’s also possible through Zoom; just let me know.
- Use whatever is the best sound and video equipment you have, without doing a lot of work. I can help with tech support if you need.
- Please suggest interview topics that capture your real passion in writing. We’ll have a bit of time before the recording starts to firm up our topic together.
- Interviews are usually 15 to 30 minutes in length, which goes by quickly.