Writers.com is looking for two enthusiastic individuals to contribute content to our site and master writing for the web.
We'll teach you the foundations of online writing, train you in SEO, coach you in the basics of digital marketing, and connect you to a wonderful group of individuals who share your passion for creative writing.
If you want to add some serious freelancing skills to your repertoire, or learn how to launch your personal portfolio to the masses, this is the five month writing opportunity for you.
Friday, August 30th
Founded in 1996, Writers.com is the internet’s first writing school. It has evolved into what you see today: a thriving community of teachers, learners, and writers—both aspiring and well-established—committed to learning, collaborating, and honing their craft.
You can view our online writing course offerings here.
Who Should Apply
As a key part of the Writers.com editorial team, apprentices will learn how to source, research, write, execute, and market online content specifically for creative writing enthusiasts and online writing communities. So if the description above fits you to a T, this is the intensive online journalism course for you.
What to Expect
You commit to working 3-5 hours weekly to submit roughly one piece of new content per week. You’ll work closely with our lead editor to learn advanced on-page SEO skills, connect with our community of writers, and create a broad portfolio—researching and writing content, helping readers make decisions, conducting keyword research, and sharing advice in long-form articles.
You will also meet with our lead editor a handful of times for more in-depth training. It’s a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and position yourself as an ideal candidate for more long-term writing opportunities for our hub.
What You Get
- FREE, rare opportunity for professional skill building and training that you can’t find anywhere else
- Thoughtful and on-going guidance, support, and mentorship from the Writers.com editorial team to help you improve your journalistic prowess
- Exposure to a fast growing field, experienced writing professionals, and mission-driven work
- A beautiful authorship page and online portfolio
- Lessons in securing online writing jobs, building your online brand, advanced SEO, developing a memorable editorial voice, and more
- A new community of literature-loving writers
- Personalized shout outs and publicity among our networks
- Heaps of editorial experience for your CV/resume
- Potential for recommendation letters from professionals in the field
- DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, August 30
- APPRENTICESHIP BEGINS: Week of September 2
- APPRENTICESHIP END DATE: December 20
Friday, August 30th